“FINDING YOUR POWER SOURCE”
DID YOU KNOW THAT AS AN AGENT, YOU HAVE SPECIAL POWERS? There are four types of “powers” agents have.
Figure out which of the following agents you are, and, for maximum success, combine your strengths with traits of the other agents so you can be a “super-agent!”
The Lovable Agent
Who is a lovable agent? You might be a lovable agent if these describe you:
- These agents make friends easily; almost everyone they meet turns into a lifelong friend.
- They get along with almost everyone.
- They are well-liked by clients, friends, and other agents.
- They have a friendly vibe and clients trust them because of that.
- They enjoy coming to work because they get to spend time with people they like.
- They value relationships over money and can be relied on to do the right thing.
Why do customers work with them? Because they like them.
Favorite Quote: “I love working with you!”
How to Succeed if You’re a Lovable Agent: Make a lot of connections using your likeability. Chances are, you’ll often reach out to your sphere of influence for business. Being relatable is your edge, so cultivate that advantage. Stay in touch with all your friends and leverage those friendships into referrals.
The Confident Agent
Who is a confident agent? You might be a confident agent if these describe you:
- This agent has so much confidence that everyone else has confidence in them.
- Even if they are a newbie, these agents have confidence that makes clients think they have plenty of experience.
- These agents tend to be aggressive when it comes to making deals.
- The most intense of this breed loves to prospect all day long.
- They ask for the deal over and over again.
Why do customers work with them? Because of their infectious confidence.
Favorite Quote: “I can do it. Let’s get started.”
How to Succeed if You’re a Confident Agent: Embrace your confidence. The more you embrace it, the more you’ll have. However, be careful to ensure that your client doesn’t think that you’re too confident. If you feel like people are intimidated by your confidence, tone it down a little bit. Make sure that you put your client’s wants before your own.
The Nerd Agent
Who is a nerd agent? You might be a nerd agent if these describe you:
- These agents use a lot of facts and figures to make their points.
- They do research to understand their clients and the houses they are selling.
- They often come to meetings prepared with charts, data, and research that may be useful in closing a deal.
- They like knowing a lot of things. They are often up-to-date about the latest trends in the market and use it to their advantage.
- They always keep an eye out for sudden changes in clients’ minds to be prepared for all of the possible scenarios.
Why do customers work with them? Because they back up their assertions with facts. Plus, they often have data that sells customers on working with them.
Favorite Quote: “Here’s why I can sell your home for 5-6% more money.”
How to Succeed if You’re a Nerd Agent: Despite knowing a lot, make sure you don’t swamp your client with too many facts. If you do this, you may come across like a know-it-all.
Make sure you present the necessary facts and only reveal other things when asked.
The Respected Agent
Who is a respected agent? You might be a respected agent if these describe you:
- These agents have developed a reputation in their communities.
- They usually have been in business for a long time and provide great customer service.
- They get a lot of referrals. They’re always one of the top agents, and clients want to do business with them.
- They will go the extra mile to take care of their customer – even if they don’t make any money on the sale.
Why do customers work with them? Because of their reputation for providing great customer service.
Favorite Quote: “It’s always a pleasure to serve you.”
How to Succeed if You’re a Respected Agent: Keep on providing great service!
Keep in touch with all of your past clients. Always take the high road. Make sure you don’t taint your reputation. Don’t pull others down just to stay on top of your game. Instead, work on improving yourself.
This agent is someone who has two or more of these powers.
For example, a lot of the Respected Agents are also Lovable Agents.
Another example is a Confident Agent who develops some of the Nerd Agent’s Power. Then, they have data to back up their confidence.
So, which one are you?
Tune into our mindset Monday video to learn more. And if you are interested in learning more about BrokerNation, reach out to our Brokers.